How Much Does It Cost to Develop an App like Big Basket/ Grofers?
Big Basket is the largest online grocery store in India, which sells food products including staples, fresh fruits and vegetable groceries, and beverages from over 20,000 products and 1000 brands.
Founded in December 2011, Big Basket has become big through its customer centric services and a series of fundings made by a group of global venture capital firms. As a trendsetter, Big Basket has been an inspiration for hundreds of e-commerce ventures to follow it and is famous for express delivery.
FuGenX, a global mobile app development company in India, developed an innovative Online Grocery shopping app for BigBasket. With proven experience in developing successful BigBasket app, FuGenX helps aspiring e-commerce ventures build Big Basket like app with innovative features.
Essential Features of a Grocery app like BigBasket
In general, groceries home delivering applications like BigBasket have three parts:
1. Admin Panel
2. User Panel
3. Delivery Panel
Key Features for Admin Panel:
- Dashboard: This is the main feature for any grocery app, where app-admin can change and manage all orders received from shoppers.
- Inventory management: The Inventory Management feature aims admin team to manage the list of huge grocery stock simply.
- Assigning the Orders: Once the order is placed and confirmed, store managers will assign tasks to the delivery persons to deliver at mentioned place
- Real-Time Analytics: Real time google analytics facilitates to keep track of your targeted customers from various locations and gather important data when needed.
Key Features for the User Panel:
- Registration and User Profile: Customers can register here through their mobile number/ mail id and login to the app to shop and place orders.
- Search and Browse: This feature enables users to search or browse for a specific grocery item and helps browse various categories of products.
- Add to Cart: Users can select products and add those to cart. Later, they can purchase all.
- Delivery Scheduling and Order Tracking: Online shoppers from BigBasket like the application can schedule the items to delivery and can also check the real-time status of the order to know when will it reach to their location.
- Push Notifications: Push Notifications helps a lot to users to get to know the special offers, special prices, discounts, coupons, etc.
- Customer Support: Besides the phone and email communication, integrate the 24×7 online chat options for helping out customers.
- Ratings and Reviews: This section allows your customers to write reviews and rate the app on the basis of their personal experience.
- Customer Support: In addition to phone and email communication, integrate 24*7 online chat options to assist customers in having better user experience.
- Ratings and Reviews: It will enable users to write reviews and give rating depending on their personal experience with shopping and delivery.
Key Features for the Delivery Panel:
- Geo-Location Services: The geo-location is a great feature that helps a delivery person to track the location of the customer quickly.
- In-app calling and chat: It allows the delivery person to directly contact the customer through phone or online chat basis if he is unable to track the address. This section enables the delivery person to be contacted directly based on phone or online chat if the address cannot be tracked.
- Accept or Reject the Delivery Request: The delivery executive may accept or reject the delivery of groceries if the customer’s location is too far away, and the user’s address does not come under the specified distance of delivery.
How Much Does an App like Big Basket Cost?
Big Basket app comes under database (data-driven) app category, which is expensive than simple app or basic functionality app. The major factors that decide grocery delivery app development cost are:
- App Design:
You can’t neglect app design when developing a BigBasket like app. To engage buyers and inspire them to buy more products, engaging UI/UXdesign is vital. Engaging design costs more, but FuGenX has proven experience in designing groceries app like Bigbasket at an affordable cost.
- App Size:
Features and functionality are the key elements that form the total size of any app. So by giving preference to only core features and functionalities in the version 1 of the app, the cost burden can be diminished.
- Payment Gateway:
Payment is a major concern when it comes to paying for shopping online. A wide range of payment gateway options are available to include with the BigBasket clone app, such as mobile wallet, Google Pay, Online debit/ credit card transactions, PhonePay, which are simple and hassle-free to shoppers to make payment in a single touch.
- App Developers:
The development cost of Big Basket like app also depends on the app developers’ geographic location, their experience and expertise.
- App Platform:
This is another major factor that directly impacts Big Basket like app cost. Developing a Big Basket like app for iOS (iPhone & iPad) platform is cheaper than that on Android.
Features and Functionalities that Decide the Cost of Big Basket Clone App
The cost to build Big Basket like app or any e-commerce app is estimated on the following basic and advanced features along with the factors mentioned above.
How Much Fugenx Charges To Build An E-Commerce App Like Big Basket?
To get an instant quote for Big Basket like app or to know an average/exact cost to make a grocery delivery mobile app like Big Basket, please reach us at
FuGenX Technologies is a leading mobile application and game development company in India, delivering quality driven mobility services across the world.
We have been crowned with many global technology awards, including the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 Asia Pacific & Fast 50 India, for pioneering high-quality products and ideas in the mobile space.
Miss Sreelatha Mavi Reddy is a technical content writer with over 4+ years of professional experience in editing, proofreading and writing compelling content for various blogs, articles, social media posting, videos, etc. She works closely with B2B and B2C companies, providing engaging and useful content that transforms viewers into customers. Her content focuses on balancing informative with SEO needs, but never at the expense of providing an entertaining read. She also enjoys preparing Statement of Purposes (SOP) for individuals planning to immigrate to build their careers.